We are delivering our fitness and nutrition coaching online to stop the spread of COVID-19. Learn More


Your Health is Not A Trend

Your health is not a trend, so why should your diet be?
We’ve all heard of the Keto Diet, the Paleo Diet, the low fat High carb diet, juice cleanses, detoxes, Whole 30, The Tom Brady, Intermittent Fasting and the list goes on and on.
We all have a diet; the food we eat. Being in a caloric deficit is what’s called being, “on a diet” and is another thing completely.
What works for some won’t work for others. All diets work if you’re consistently sticking to them. But what happens when you stop doing this diet?
These diets were test studies done to reverse the effects of diabetes or epilepsy and a wide range of medical conditions. What came out of these studies was accidental weight loss. So, slap a label on it and sell it and the world has created trending diets.
But when the weight loss you wanted comes or the exhaustion of being so strict comes along, you feel lost. You go back to old eating habits to “give yourself a break”. You realize this wasn’t a sustainable way of living.
Unlike fashion trends that come and go and often make their way back around 30 years later, our health and body is here to stay. We buy health and life insurance to make sure we are taken care of in the case of an accident – but why aren’t we insuring our body by nourishing and fuelling it properly? One trend that will forever stand true until the end of time is eating whole foods, fruits and vegetables. Adding more of these to every meal will not make you Instagram famous, but it’ll sure make your body happy. That should be worth a million likes in itself.
Have you ever heard of the 80/20 principle? It’s also another way of saying balance. Bare with me, I’m going to refrain from saying “diet” again, we all have a diet. But we are not all “on a diet”. When it comes to fuelling and nourishment, 80 % of the food you eat should be nutritious whole foods. These foods are easily found on the outer perimeter of the grocery store. The other 20% are foods you crave or enjoy without compromising your health. In order to live a healthy and well balanced life,  gut, mind and body you need not deprive yourself of foods that make you happy. Kale may nourish your body but how that double scoop totally feeds your soul is just as important. This prevents us from reverting back to old unhealthy diet trends and an unhealthy relationship with food. Cut the “good food”, “bad food” and “cheat” out of your vocabulary and eat for enjoyment and nourishment. We only have one life, so ensure it and don’t sell out on these “trends”
Want to be held accountable, receive more education and have more support with your nutrition?
Contact our nutrition coach to insure you are supported through lifestyle and behaviour adjustments!

fill out the form below to get started!

Take the first step towards getting the results you want!
You will be meeting with one of our expert coaches in person at our facility.